The following terms in uppercase indicated in quotes below include the meaning also. "End User" refers to any individual/ user who interacts with the MERAAN Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the MERAAN App, and individuals who book classes, purchase services and otherwise interact with our Subscribers through the MERAAN services. "Subscriber" is any company or consumer that subscribes to (or otherwise accesses or uses) our MERAAN application. "Other Information" is any information which will not disclose your distinct identity or anything that does not relate to a subscriber directly. "Personal Information" is Information that can identify you as a person/individual or anything that relates to an identifiable person, such as name, location/ address, phone number, email address, credit card information, and other account details.
The term "information" can refer to either Personal Information or Other Information.
Categories of Personal Information.
Personal Information we collect or obtain includes: Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, phone number), Personal Information (e.g., date of birth, age, gender), Financial data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, etc.), and other MERAAN Services related data (e.g., service statistics, etc.).How meraan Collects Information.
Through the MERAAN Services, We collect information about you whenever you use the MERAAN Services, for instance: If you are a MERAAN App user, when you create an account on the MERAAN App, you will be asked for Personal Information which may include your name, email and current location, social media, and Other Information. If you are a company (service provider), when you sign up to our application, we ask for your company name, current location/ address, phone number, email, and other information about your company. Information such as feedback, contact details or additional information about the services can be collected, to send you and all our users marketing communications consistent with your preferences. Meraan can collect Information about you when you interact with the MERAAN Services. For example, if a purchase transaction is initiated through the MERAAN application, then personal information can be collected about you, such as your name, email, phone number, location, credit card information, also any other information that you provide to process the transaction. Also, this information can be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry-standard technology.
How Personal Information May Be Used.MERAAN may use your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide the functionality of MERAAN Services and related support.
- To create, and monitor accounts, and record transactions, and provide the required assistance which may include technical help, answers inquiries that relate to Personal Information, etc.).
- To send administrative information to you, which may include information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing and promotional advertisements and opportunities and facilitate social sharing about Meraan application.
- To share data with other marketers to authorize them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your preferences and interest.
- To allow you to participate in promotional activities if any.
- To prepare reports and analyze the trends.
- To offer personalized services, it is required to understand your and every other user needs.
- To achieve our business purposes.
- For inspections, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For acknowledging legal obligations, which can include questions from public and government authorities.
- To comply with a legal obligation, MERAAN will engage in these activities.
Your Personal Information will be processed to an extent based on your permission, and you will always be provided with the option to revoke your authorization at any time at your convenience.
How Personal Information can be Disclosed.MERAAN can disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic partners and third-party afflifates who render services which include data interpretation, payment processing, hosting the website, order fulfilment, email, information technology and application infrastructure, customer service, credit/debit card processing, and other services.
- To our members, if you are an End User and are using our MERAAN Services to communicate with that member (company). Kindly contact the member (company) you interact with directly for more Information on that member's (company) privacy practices.
- To you, chats, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you can post information and materials.
- To third parties organizations to permit them (or their users) to send you marketing communications, regular with your preferences.
- To your friends/ connections which is associated with your social media account (such as Facebook, Instagram), in connection with your social sharing activity, like for instance connecting your Facebook account to your MERAAN App account or our social media pages.
- Kindly note that MERAAN may use and reveal Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If MERAAN is required to handle other information as Personal Information under the law, then MERANN can use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
- MERAAN may preserve your Personal Information for as long as it is required or authorized in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
- Your options concerning MERAAN use and disclosure of information.
- Information you provide may be used by MERAAN for marketing purposes which include promotional emailing, SMS , email, and phone calls. various options will be provided regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You have the option to opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you are a user of the MERAAN App and is not interested to want receive marketing-related emails or SMSs from us on a going-forward basis by changing your preferences in the MERAAN Application. If you have provided your Information to MERAAN, and opt-out, MERAAN will put in place processes to honour your request.
- This may entail keeping some information for the purpose of remembering that you have opted-out.
- Your Personal Information may be shared by us with unaffiliated third parties for their (or their customers') purposes of marketing: If you do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their purposes of marketing, you may opt-out of this sharing by emailing [email protected] from the email that you have signed up or used in receiving the MERAAN Services.
- Kindly also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related advertisements through SMS, emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the MERAAN Services, and this can not be opted-out from receiving those messages.
Tracking and Advertising
Security of Your Data
At MERAAN, security of Personal Information is a high priority. We seek to use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information within our organization. Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews. Users who submit testimonials, ratings or reviews to the MERAAN application, any Personal Information that is provided by the user may be displayed in the Service. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at [email protected] Sensitive personal Information We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose any sensitive Personal/ other Information (which may include information related to ethnic origin, political comments, religion or other beliefs, trade union membership or criminal background details) on or through the MERAAN Services or otherwise to us, except where explicitly requested or consented to.
Use of Service By Minors
The MERAAN Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of 15, and we kindly request that they do not provide Personal Information through the MERAAN Services.
If you chose to integrate your Zoom (https://zoom.us) account with Meraan we will be able to see the following information received from Zoom:
- Your Zoom User ID
- Your Personal Zoom meeting ID
- Your Zoom access tokens that allow us to manage meetings on your behalf.
We use this information on an ongoing basis while your Zoom account is linked to your Meraan account so that you can join your Zoom classes in Meraan to make online sessions more efficient. When you choose to deauthorize your Zoom account(s) from Meraan, we will delete your data unless you grant us permission to retain it.Information we get from third parties.
We may collect certain information, including:
- Information about you that other Subscribers (“Subscribers”) provide to us, as governed by their privacy policies, when they use our Services. For example, when Studio Subscribers (“Studios”) enroll in our Services, they provide us either directly or through third parties, with information about their Customers (“Customers”) and their Instructors (“Instructors”). If you do not want that information to be shared with us by a Studio, please contact the Studio to whom you provided your personal information.
- Information about you from other sources, such as public databases, strategic partners, social media platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected to on social media platforms as well as from other third parties.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services.
Third-Party Content Integrations.
The Services may also contain third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party branded service. Through these links you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or services that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our Services.
Information We Collect.
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.